Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sarah Louise and the Allergic Reaction

This was in my in-box this morning:

Hormonology: Week 1 First day of period to Day 7

Today's hormone-cast: Have cramps? Don't reach for the Tylenol. Stock up on ibuprofen instead. Studies show it quashes the pain of menstrual cramps far more effectively. Want to give your ibuprofen a boost? Down it with chamomile tea. Scientists discovered it contains a compound that acts like a mild muscle relaxant, which makes menstrual cramps less intense.

So, really, what my hormone-cast is telling me I should go into shock--since I'm allergic to both ibuprofen AND chamomile.

Which is wonderful, since this week I already ate tilapia, which I'm allergic to. I finally took a Benadryl at midnight, after googling for quite a while, figuring out that I didn't have ER ready symptoms. (My throat was a little constricted, like I hadn't swallowed a pill correctly.) And Monday, I slept the ENTIRE afternoon. Yes, I will be getting an epi-pen when I go see my allergist in two weeks. And my therapist was like, um, why did you keep eating it when you knew you were allergic? I know. But I was cloudy from having spent the morning with one year old twins, waiting in line to see the Mr. Rogers Land of Makebelieve. So yes, I need to learn to say, "I'm not hungry" if I'm determined to be polite to the hostess.

Meanwhile, I am SICK of having this cold. We're on week 1 plus days now. AND, I lost my tablespoon.

Go do something really happy and healthy. I have to go sing to babies in five minutes.

No comments: