Thursday, August 23, 2007

Waiting...

Week 4 (from Four Weeks Mag, where else?)

Day 23 to the end of your cycle
Today's hormone-cast: You may lose your temper today and say what you really feel as plunging estrogen brings down the level of your feel-good brain chemical serotonin. Some good news? Speaking your mind, especially during arguments with your mate, is healthy! That's the latest word from researchers from Eaker Epidemiology Enterprises in Gaithersburg, Maryland, who found that women who keep silent during marital arguments are four times more likely to die prematurely as well as suffer depression and irritable bowel syndrome.

FYI, I did not lose my temper. But I almost flipped the bird at some water skiier who came too close to the dock where we were swimming and couldn't stop staring. Without my glasses I couldn't tell what her expression was. My sister said the woman must have thought we were Canadian and she was impressed by our cold water prowess.

I had to explain what "flip the bird" was to my mother.

No comments: