Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Third week--pre-PMS

WEEK 3: Cautious & Caring (from FourWeeks Mag.)

This week lasts from Day 14 (or ovulation) to Day 22 of your monthly cycle. Your estrogen and testosterone start off by dropping, but by Day 18, they rise again. Progesterone, a sedating hormone that also boosts the urge to nurture, rises steadily throughout the week. This week's hormonal combination is increasing your desire to be safe, improve your health, cook (or order in), eat comfort foods, shop for items that make your home more comfortable, budget, stick to what's traditional and do quiet-low key activities either alone or with a special friend.

***************

Um yeah. I'm all worried about packing but also about my diet (not losing weight, but what to eat so that the PMS and UMS* symptoms are less, as I'll be in PMS during the Montana trip and UMS during July 4th week, when my parents come to Pgh.)

So now is the time to re-evaluate my supplements, etc.

And I'd so much rather be at home curled up with a book or a movie, eating bon bons than be at work...

*UMS stands for Ugly Mood Swings and is my personal euphemism for The Red Tent.

No comments: