Monday, November 10, 2008

Dreams n'at

Today's plunging estrogen isn't all bad. Anecdotal evidence shows that when this hormone descends, it helps boost your creative thinking! So if you have a problem you need to solve, it'll be easier to find an imaginative solution. If you have a gift to give, you'll find it easier to make one by hand. And if you have a blog entry to write, you'll find it easier to wow readers with your colorful tales! (from Hormonology.)

I had two bizarre dreams last night. They both had to do with having my period, in excess, and being in bathrooms. The one was a public bathroom that had the definite ew factor plus the fact that I had to trip over some sort of stairs to get to it. The second one was that at work I was really on (which is funny, since I've been really "off" the past coupla weeks and yesterday at home was "Little Miss Homemaker.") But then I had to go into the bathroom right off our department, and the lock was broken. So while I'm dealing with blood, blood, blood, I had at least three people try to get in. There were reviews of children's books on the walls of the bathroom, talking about how to tell if a particular picture book was good by amount of times the adult could stand to read it. (Which I think is a good way, since the adult is the one who will be doing the reading, most of the time.) In the first dream, I was meeting my aunt for lunch. She's been dead for almost ten years. This is the second dream I've had with her in it. I wonder if part of it is that I'm now more in contact with her daughter, one of my favorite cousins (Kiki), or if...I don't know. Dreams are such strange things.

In other news, I've started another blog. I haven't written anything on it yet, but it's going to be more political, which doesn't really fit with the tone of Pink Sneakers N'at. The first post will be a bit from an email I wrote to a friend today.

1 comment:

KitchenKiki said...

I occasionally have dreams that my mother is in.
I never quite know how to feel after them. I guess I should say how I feel after them.

too much to define at this juncture.