Wednesday, October 10, 2007

waiting for October to go...

Depressives know that the "banner" (if you could call them that) months are October and February. October b/c the light is changing, it's sandwiched between back to school (September) and let's prepare for Thanksgiving then Christmas (November/December). February has Valentine's Day and the knowledge that winter is still not over. Nuff said.

I'm doing pretty well for an October as things go, and have had my best summer in five years. That said, if I do not have work in front of me that I can do, I get morose and obsessive about email, blogging and do not want to do anything.

I think I'll go shelve some videos and DVDs. (Not at all in my job description, but it will get me off my duff and requires little thought. Right now I have little thought.)

This too shall pass. Update on the weather: it's cold out there. Well, cooler, at least.

Time to pull out handy Gerard Manley Hopkin's poem--see my other blog--the one about Spring and Fall and Margaret grieving...

No comments: